HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM
(NO ICE CREAM MAKER NEEDED)
You don't need an ice cream maker to make homemade ice cream: the recipe for vanilla ice cream and the recipe for sherbet do not require one. But both do have to be prepared ahead of time because they take longer to freeze than ice cream in a maker. If you have an ice cream maker, consider making fresh ice cream during the party. Use the recipes in your instruction book.
1 cup sugar
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups heavy cream
1. Beat the eggs until thick and pale yellow.
2. Add sugar, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Whip the cream separately and then fold into the egg mixture.
4. Pour into two refrigerator trays and freeze until solid enough to break into pieces.
5. Beat again in a bowl until fluffy but not melted.
6. Pour back into trays and freeze until firm.